The mission of UROP is to integrate undergraduate students into the research culture of the University by providing opportunities for faculty and students to work together on research projects and creative activities. We foster collaborations between students, faculty, corporate entities, and government agencies to prepare the undergraduate researcher for the challenges of tomorrow and to inspire them for a life-long passion for discovery and inquiry-based learning. By providing professional environments conducive to research advancement and career skills development, UROP provides students with unique opportunities to develop a wide variety of skills that will be useful in any future career or educational endeavors.
- Inclusive Excellence: Commit to evidence based practices in serving all students
- Respect: Act with integrity while appreciating and valuing differences
- Student-Focused: Dedicate ourselves to the betterment of students
- Enthusiasm: Approach our mission with energy and passion
- Teamwork: Cultivate quality collaborations with campus and community partners